Further Adventures in Waterproofing



During last week's rain my new tent leaked quite dramatically. There was water pouring through almost every panel of the canvas.
Afterwards I bailed out 15 litres of water.

Using Nikwax cleaner and Cotton Proof I got stuck in, getting rid of as much dirt as possible and sponged on the waterproofer.
I got it all cleaned up, and most of it proofed before I ran out of time. 

Going back a day later to finish the waterproofing demonstrated two things clearly
1. Waterproofing makes a BIG difference
2. Waterproofing should all be completed in one go.

I'm not sure how clearly the images show what happened, but when I went back the second day to finish proofing the tent, every brush stroke and every dribble of waterproofing fluid from the first time completely stopped the second application from soaking into the fabric.

Now we just need to wait for some rain to see the difference!

Comments