a blank canvas


After a couple of weeks of hard work, the tent is ready to use.  Comparing these pictures I took today with the photos from when it first arrived it's hard to believe it's the same tent, but it is and I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself.
The tent is clean and bright, ready to begin furnishing with a few home comforts.  It's difficult to judge how much the tent will hold or where everything will fit, but at least I've got it to a stage where I can play around with layouts and start thinking about what we'll need (and want) to take camping.  Seeing the tent up and ready to use has also made me rethink some of my preconceptions about what's possible.  For example my 4m tent can't just fit a full length bed between the wall and the pole, and with the wall only being 0.6m before the roof slopes in we're restricted if we want tables or a wash stand next to the wall.  Even chairs positioned around the edge of the tent will need to be chosen to prevent people's heads brushing the roof.
Those aren't complaints - just things that need to be considered as we decorate and furnish the tent.  Even on a dull winter day it's exceptionally bright inside and there's loads of room to stand up or spread out on the floor.

Comments

  1. Well done John! We're really impressed by your perseverance and handywork. We love that you've rescued this neglected SoulPad and breathed new life back into it. Wishing you many years of enjoyment and soulful adventures, from all of us at SoulPad.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment